DIY: Potipot Island Camping
Potipot is a tiny island off the coast of Uacon, Zambales. Potipot is so small you can walk around it in about 30 minutes. The sands are a bit fine but I wouldn’t say it’s as fine as those in Boracay. A good place to relax and enjoy the beach, you can even do some snorkeling here.
To get there:
We rode a Victory Liner bus from Caloocan Station bound for Sta. Cruz, Zambales. It took us more or less 5 hours to get to Zambales by bus and from there a 10-15 minutes boat ride to reach this haven.
Don’t forget to:
- Bring along stuff for your entertainment (frisbee, volleyball, a deck of cards, snorkel gear, a book) to keep boredom at bay.
- Be prepared for night time (bring a sleeping bag/tent, blanket, and a good flashlight).
- If you are going to go camping, make sure you have enough food (for your meals and snacks to munch on too) and drinking water supply.
- bus fare – 436php one way (Mla-Sta.Cruz)
- overnight fee – 200php
- boat – 400php/boat (there were 4 of us in it)